Welcome to our biannual listener support campaign. It will run from August 19-September 9th.
We face many expenses here on the Great Detectives of Old Time Radio to keep the show going with $60 a month in hosting and $300 a year in malware protection.
You can contribute in one of two ways. Either: 1) You can send us a donation by Paypal or 2) If you would rather mail in a donation, email me and I’ll be happy to provide an address.
All Year Financial Support for the Great Detectives of Old Time Radio
- When planning your travel, go to our Priceline affiliate http://johnnydollarair.com. If you find a great deal and book through there part of your purchase goes to support the program at no additional cost to you.
- Purchase the App at either the Itunes Store or in the Amazon Android Store.
- Check out our Amazon widget on the lefthand side of the page with many books and movies I’ve reviewed that I think you’ll find enjoyable.
- I’ve written a couple ebooks relevant to the site including, All I Needed to Know I Learned from Columbo and What Made the Golden Age Shine. Please read them and if you enjoy them, review them. Both are available for the Kindle. All I Needed to Know I Learned from Columbo is available for the Nook, Ipad, and Kobo, as well as an Audible Audiobook.
- Every week we post one or two articles. They can be book reviews, old time radio program reviews, or something about vintage radio, television or movies. Subscribe to the article feed for the Kindle.
- I also have a host of other books (mostly fiction) available on Amazon or as Audiobooks.
- I’ve owned a Roku for years and it’s a great little device that can allow to stream from Netflix, Amazon, MLB.TV, Pandorra, and countless other places right to your TV. You can even listen to Great Detective through the blubrry app. If you buy it through this link, a portion goes to support the show.
Totally Free Ways to Support the Show:
- If you like the show, rate it on Itunes. While reviews are appreciated, you can rate a show without reviewing it.
- Become one of our friends on Facebook at http://facebook.com/radiodetectives
- Follow us on Twitter @radiodetectives
- Let your friends know about the show. You can send them a direct link to the home page or share on Itunes. Also if you’re following us on Twitter, you can retweet episodes or on Facebook, you can share the episodes from our page right on to your own wall.
- Link to us on your Blog Roll. (Let me know by email so I can link back to you.
Father Brown Mysteries
LOVE the show! I just made a $25 donation. Would love to receive the Perry Mason. If you can find it, the movie version of Lucky Legs is a real treat. It threw me at first because it is so different from the Aaron Burr series – more of a screwball comedy. But it is one of my favorite old-time movies.
Thanks for your show.
I would like to say I really enjoy the podcasts… They bring back memories of when I was little driving with my father and listening to the re-runs on the am radio channels. Thanks for provinding theses. Keep up the great work.
I just made a donation of $100 as a thank you for making my long morning runs totally enjoyable. I can’t imagine running without the podcasts. Thank you!
I recently made a donation but failed to specify a gift. I would like to receive the Perry Mason Audio Dramas. Again, thank you for all your hard work!
Ariana from Texas
I would like” Zorro and the Pirate Raiders”
Thank you for all the enjoyment I receive while listening to your podcasts. I listen while I work and they make the day go by smoothly.
I remember my mother talking about listening to the radio programs when she was a girl and I always regretted not being able to listen to them myself. Your programming lets me know that the programs were as good as she told me they were.
Perry Mason program please
HI! we would like to have the Perry Mason thank you gift. Thank you for all that you do Adam, it makes my day at work just fly by 🙂
Love the program. Donated $250 and received your ebook and tried to get the Nero Wolfe series. Not sure how to retrieve it however. Thanks again for all the great memories. The ads are enlightening as we’ll. They tell the story of WWII and how are govt added departments and grew. Also the patriotism!
I’m currently working through Johnny Dollar and finished up Candy Matson a while ago. I really enjoy your comments and now when I listen to other podcasts that don’t have comments I miss it.
Keep up the good work!
(I’d like the Father Brown Mysteries please)
Thanks for your support, Debbie. I emailed you and you sent me your address, so your Nero Wolfe DVDs will be other way. Satisfactory, I hope. 🙂
I donated $20, but don’t understand how I recive your book and the Perry Mason mysteries. Would you pls explain how my selections will be forwarded to me?
Love your shows. Every night either Joe Friday or a gruff detective puts me to sleep. You are better than a music to relax me and you make the day end on a positive note.
All you need to do is send an email or I’ll email you. Your Thank You Gifts are on their way.
THE BEST detective show podcast around–I thoroughly enjoy your show and greatly appreciate all of your hard work bringing the show to everyone. Best wishes for continued success!
May I please receive the Perry Mason extra? Thank you so much, Charlene.
I just donated $20 and would love to receive the Perry Mason set. Thank you for keeping the lights burning. You do a wonderful job of helping those of us who remember when the great detective shows were first broadcast remember when imagination was fed not dulled. You’re a wonderful late night companion. Where there any Charlie Chan radio programs? I can’t remember. Again, thanks!!
I just donated and would be interested in either the two Michael Shayne Dell paperbacks or, failing that, the gift certificate to Radio Archives. I originally started listening to your podcast about 3 years ago for the Sherlock Holmes episodes, but then tried the other detectives and have been hooked ever since. Thanks so much for your hard work, it’s very much appreciated – I love listening while I’m driving to or from work or doing household chores.
Hi Adam – I have been listening to your program since its inception and love it, commentary and all. Love how you play the programs from beg to end. Am especially glad to hear that Phillip Marlowe is coming up. Like you, it’s my very favorite – I think the best. I wanted to ask if Broadway’s My Beat is on your lineup. I would love to hear that from start to finish. Another fav program, though it’s not really a detective series, is Rocky Jordan. I own all that’s available on CD, but would love to hear the beginning series which I think were 15 min and took place in Istanbul prior to Cairo. Do you have access to the early programs? Thanks again, love what you do.
I would like the Father Brown mysteries, please.
Thank you for all the hard work! I listen to every episode and I miss hearing them on the weekends! I guess that means I’m hooked! : ) Thank you!!!!
I just made a donation via my PayPal address, and would like to receive Perry Mason via the email address I just filled in above, LOVE THE SHOWS – I extirpated my back fighting a fire years ago, and wouldn’t make it through the night without your superb shows. Thanks!
This is your best podcast next to Dragnet. Your knowledge and information about each show gives all of us information which we otherwise would never know. Keep up your wonderful work Adam and thank you from all of us.