It’s that time again, time for the Podcast Awards nominations. I encourage you to nominate us in the Arts and Culture Category and nominate any other podcasts you enjoy. The deadline is February 15th.
We’ve had a fantastic year with a growing audience. We’ve brought you some extraordinary episodes and specials including:
- Orson Welles in “The Murder of Roger Akroyd“
- Glenn Ford in “The Thirty-Nine Steps“
- Charlton Heston in “Captain Carey USA“
- Our first modern radio podcast “The Quick One” (with permission wfrom our friends at Colonial Radio Theater.
- A Special marking the 50th Anniversary of the end of the Golden Age of Radio that we aired on the day it occurred.
We also honored the passing of some radio greats in the past twelve months:
- For radio writer Norman Corwin, we played, “Murder in Studio One” a play Mr. Corwin wrote for the Columbia Worskhop.
- For the famous newsman Mike Wallace, we presented two pilot episodes for a radio detective series called, “Crime on the Waterfront“
In addition to that, we’ve supplemented the site, with dozens of articles on a wide variety of topics including Detective book reviews, reviews of golden age music collections, a countdown of the top Perry Mason movies, reviews of old time radio programs, and our current series on Radio’s Most Essential people.
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast and would like to nominate us, go to http://www.podcastawards.com before October 15th in the Culture/Arts category.
Thank you so much for all your support over the past year.